The predecessor of the Lao Microfinance Association (LMFA), the Microfinance Working Group for the Lao PDR (MFWG), was founded in May 2007 by a group of microfinance practitioners as an informal platform to exchange experiences, represent microfinance sector interests and coordinate donor activities. In October 2013, the MFWG obtained its temporary license as a non-profit association (NPA) from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA). As a consequence, its name changed to Microfinance Association (LMFA). LMFA got its permanent license by middle of August 2018. MFA works under the Bank of the Lao PDR (BOL), Financial Institutions Supervision Department (FISD). ADA asbl-Luxembourg, in partnership with the Lao Microfinance Association (LMFA) has been mandated by LuxDev to manage the project, pursuing the VCS implementation process and establishing the organisational and technical conditions to ensure their adequate management and long-term sustainability
LMFA is promoting financial inclusion for low-income populations through consolidation and professionalization of the country’s inclusive finance sector. LMFA is currently working with ADA and Lux-development to strengthen village financial institutions through a process of formalization and capacity building in 4 provinces: Bokeo, Vientiane and Bolikhamxay. Part of the intervention that ADA and LuxDev have agreed on to ensure sustainability of the NSO/SCU is the introduction a technical assistance support through ADA’s Technical Advisor. The NSO will be provided with TA to professionalize and build the capacity of the NSO especially once it secures the registration as an SCU from the Bank of Lao PDR.
With this objective, the LMFA is currently looking for eligible Lao National to apply for the position of Project assistant to work alongside ADA Technical Adviser and LMFA project implementing team specifically in the strengthening and capacity building of the NSO in Bolikhan, Bolikhamxay province which will be registered as a Savings and Credit Union.
Starting Date: As soon as possible until 31 December 2022 (extension possible)
Working Place: Vientiane Capital
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the Executive Director of LMFA and in close working cooperation and coordination with the ADA Technical Advisor the Project assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Work closely with ADA Technical advisor during the delivery of technical assistance to the NSO/SCU at Bolikhan, Bolikhamxay province.
- Provide support during the delivery of TA to the NSO/SCU in Bolikhan specifically during the conduct of trainings, coaching and mentoring and other related TA activities—specifically responsible to provide interpretation, and translation work (English into Lao and vice versa)
- Assist and provided support in all communication related tasks especially in organizing of activities and in regular communication, coordination and monitoring activities of the TA with LMFA and the NSO/SCU in Bolikhan and with other project stakeholders.
- Support and assist in LMFA in the preparation (specifically translation) of training and other capacity –building materials for the NSO/SCU in Bolikhan.
- Maintaining good knowledge of the microfinance sector by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
- Support executive director and administration team to ensure the monitor about progress of SCU/NSO and VCSs (in administration, accounting/financial and technical).
- Perform other related tasks as requested.
- Preferably relevant qualification such as university degree/ or equivalent experience preferably in banking, economics, business administration or related areas
- Able to establish excellent working relationships with different the LMFA project implementing team members and another project.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English & Lao)
- Strong interpersonal, networking skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a team
- Computer literacy
- Be able to work and travel to the project covered villages, districts and provinces.
Interested applicants should submit a full application to: Lao Microfinance Association (LMFA)
Unit 14, Amone Village, Hom 23 (23/3) Xaysetha District, P.O.Box: 4030, Vientiane Capital, Lao P D R
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Web: www.laomfa.org Office Tel: +856 30 9481265
Only shortlisted will be notified. Application closing date is 15.11.2022