The predecessor of the Lao Microfinance Association (LMFA), the Microfinance Working Group for the Lao PDR (MFWG), was founded in May 2007 by a group of microfinance practitioners as an informal platform to exchange experiences, represent microfinance sector interests and coordinate donor activities. LMFA works under the Bank of the Lao PDR (BOL), Financial Institutions Supervision Department (FISD).
ADA asbl-Luxembourg, in partnership with the Lao Microfinance Association (LMFA) has been mandated by LuxDev to manage the project, pursuing the Village Credit scheme (VCS) implementation process and establishing the organisational and technical conditions to ensure their adequate management and long-term sustainability.
LMFA is promoting financial inclusion for low-income populations through consolidation and professionalization of the country’s inclusive finance sector. LMFA is currently working with ADA and Lux-development to strengthen village financial institutions through a process of formalization and capacity building in 3 provinces: Bokeo, Vientiane and Bolikhamxay. Part of the intervention that ADA and LuxDev have agreed on to ensure sustainability of the Saving and Credit Union (SCU) and the VCS is the introduction a technical assistance support through ADA’s Technical Advisor.
With this objective, the LMFA is currently looking for eligible Lao National to apply for the position of Project Assistant to work alongside ADA Technical Advisor and LMFA project implementing team.
Starting Date: As soon as possible until 31 December 2023 (extension possible)
Working Place: Vientiane Capital
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the Executive Director of LMFA and in close working cooperation and coordination with the ADA Technical Adviser the Project Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Work closely with ADA Technical advisor during the delivery of technical assistance to the SCU Soumsonphatthana, Bolikhamxay province and VCSs in Bokeo and Vientiane provinces.
- Provide support during the delivery of TA to the SCU Soumsonphatthana, VCSs in Bokeo and Vientiane provinces specifically during the conduct of trainings, coaching and mentoring and other related TA activities—specifically responsible to provide interpretation, and translation work (English into Lao and vice versa)
- Assist and provided support in all communication related tasks especially in organizing of activities and in regular communication, coordination, and monitoring activities of the TA with LMFA and the SCU Soumsonphatthana, VCSs in Bokeo and Vientiane provinces and with other project stakeholders.
- Support and assist in LMFA in the preparation (specifically translation) of training and other capacity –building materials.
- Maintaining good knowledge of the microfinance sector by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
- Support executive director and administration team to ensure the monitor about progress of SCU Soumsonphatthana and VCSs in Bokeo and Vientiane provinces (in administration, accounting/financial and technical).
- Perform other related tasks as requested.
- Preferably relevant qualification such as university degree/ or equivalent experience preferably in banking, economics, business administration or related areas
- Able to establish excellent working relationships with different the LMFA project implementing team members and another project.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English & Lao)
- Strong interpersonal, networking skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a team
- Computer literacy
- Be able to work and travel to the project covered villages, districts and provinces.
Interested applicants should submit a full application to: Lao Microfinance Association (LMFA)
Unit 14, Amone Village, Hom 23 (23/3) Xaysetha District, P.O.Box: 4030, Vientiane Capital, Lao P D R
Only shortlisted will be notified. Application closing date is 22.06.2023