The predecessor of the Lao Microfinance Association (LMFA), the Microfinance Working Group for the Lao PDR (MFWG), was founded in May 2007 by a group of microfinance practitioners as an informal platform to exchange experiences, represent microfinance sector interests and coordinate donor activities.
In October 2013, the MFWG obtained its temporary license as a non-profit association (NPA) from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA). As a consequence, its name changed to Microfinance Association (LMFA). LMFA got its permanent license by middle of August 2018.
The Lao Microfinance Association (LMFA) is promoting financial inclusion for low-income populations through consolidation and professionalization of the Lao’s inclusive finance sector. It works under the Bank of the Lao PDR (BOL), Financial Institutions Supervision Department (FISD).
ADA, a Luxembourg-based microfinance NGO, in partnership with LMFA has been supporting the emergence of sustainable rural financial services providers to improve financial inclusion especially Savings and Credit Unions functioning as Network Support Organizations (NSOs) with village funds and villages credit schemes.
To strengthen the operations of these SCUs especially in the delivery of lending and savings services, LMFA is looking for a local expert who will function as a Savings and Credit Union Technical Adviser/Consultant specifically to deliver technical services to be able the SCU to adapt group lending activities using centre meeting techniques. The overall objective of this consultancy is to professionalize the SCUs operations and building capacity of the team to ensure growth of the lending operation of the SCU and expand its clients-base to other districts and villages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and facilitate training and coaching for SCU Nakai Staff on group lending activities using centre meeting techniques to the SCUs to be able to adopt high-productivity microfinance methodology (group lending) to expand their loan portfolio and improve outreach.
- The training should also include loan analysis and support activities to the SCU members.
- Provide feedback on the team capacity on group lending through center meeting techniques to LMFA.
- Provide training materials that cover the above-mentioned points.
- Conduct training and coaching on group lending activities using centre meeting techniques.
- The consultant/s will be expected to coordinate the administration and implementation of the training.
- Language used must be simple to allow different types of participants to understand clearly.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
- Training: 1 day at SCU office and 2 days in the field with real practices.
- Follow up coaching for 3 days in the field.
- The training must be completed by end of October 2022.
- Daily consultant/s rate to be included by the consultant/s in the financial proposal
- Installment payment structure: first 40% after delivering the training materials and quality approval from LMFA. Second and last 60% after training being completed and report being submitted and approved by LMFA.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Trainer/consultant or company must have several years of experience in training development, proved experience in group lending activities using centre meeting techniques.
HOW TO SUBMIT THE PROPOSAL:
- Structure a detailed technical proposal addressing all the points mentioned above, the potential agenda and the methodology used (e.g. group works, role plays…);
- In the financial proposal, please provide estimates of daily rates of the trainer/s and any other related expense in LAK;
- Include CVs and (company profile if available);
- Interested candidates must submit the proposal to: Lao Microfinance Association latest by 07-09-2022, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions, contact Mrs. Savana Phothilath, 020 99626456